Audience: Contemporary Romance
Length: 368 pages
Author: Megan Clawson
Release Date: April 27th, 2023
Image & Other Reviews on: Goodreads
Love is in the heir in this royally good rom com debut releasing in Spring 2023 – perfect for anyone who likes relatable heroines (with great hair), hot and aloof book boyfriends (with great hats), near misses, almost kisses and a corgi or two.
Despite living in an actual castle, happily ever after is evading Margaret ‘Maggie’ Moore.
From her bedroom in the Tower of London, twenty-six-year-old Maggie has always dreamed of her own fairy-tale ending.
Yet this is twenty-first century London, so instead of knights on white horses, she has catfish on Tinder. And with her last relationship ending in spectacular fashion, she swears off men for good.
And then a chance encounter with Royal Guard Freddie forces Maggie to admit that she isn’t ready to give up on love just yet… But how do you catch the attention of someone who is trained to ignore all distractions?
Can she snare that true love’s first kiss… or is she royally screwed?
A right royal rom com, perfect for fans of Red, White and Royal Blue and The Royal We.
Thank you to Avon for the ARC.
NOT FOR ME.
I don’t even much feel like writing this review because this book and I did not get along. I was expecting a cute romance set in London, learning a little about the guard life, sweet dates, some good kissing, etc.
What did I get?:
- A big history lesson that did not further the ROMANTIC plot of a ROMANCE book whatsoever. Took up too many pages.
- The love interest is hardly actually in the book. HE LITERALLY RUNS AWAY MULTIPLE TIMES.
- Multiple bad Tinder dates that beg the question, WHY.
- Third act wildness that caused me to laugh, because if not, I might throw my book.
- Everything was over the top and not in a good way (clearly, HA).
I just…this let me down so much. And I’m going to end it here because I would not recommend it.
Overall audience notes:
- Contemporary Romance
- Language: some
- Romance: make-outs
- Violence: low
- Trigger/Content Warnings: loss of a mother (off-page), a manipulative gaslighting ex boyfriend