Audience: YA Fantasy
Length: 350 pages
Author: S. Goodey
Publisher: Self Published
Release Date: March 7th, 2023
Image & Other Reviews on: Goodreads
The Irax were the spawn of the Being, the malicious God of the world.
They were thought to have been eradicated cycles ago by the Valker Warriors, until Ander and Breeja are attacked by one. Injured, terrified, and confused, they travel to the capital, Hammon, to find answers from the leaders of the city. Instead, they are arrested, brutalized, and falsely accused of summoning the Irax and sympathizing with the Being. Their only hope is in the warriors of old. But they soon learn the Irax aren’t the only monsters in the world.
WHAT TO EXPECT.
I’m completely biased on this book so I feel it this review would be better used in saying what you can expect in this YA fantasy book and hopefully convince you to give this one a try!
Read if you enjoy:
- Young Adult Dark Fantasy Books
- Adventure and traveling storylines
- A sub-plot involving childhood friends to lovers
- Mental health rep; specifically anxiety & panic attacks
- Magic systems based on tattoos
- A kick butt heroine & a cinnamon roll hero
- Major character arcs
- An ending that’ll leave you wanting the next book ASAP
Available on Kindle Unlimited NOW!
Overall audience notes:
- YA Dark Fantasy
- Language: some strong
- Romance: kisses
- Violence: high
- Trigger/Content Warnings: cult fanaticism, physical and magical altercations, assault, murder, loss of loved ones, substance addiction