I wasn’t tagged in this, but saw on Sara’s (The Bibliophagist) blog and thought it would be a lot of fun! I usually scroll through my Goodreads lists and I like this unique challenge of going through my shelves.
You can see the Youtube video that this challenge originated from here.
. Time yourself trying to find each prompt on your shelf
2. Try and beat the time of the person who challenged you.
3. Don’t forget to tag your challenger and the original creator.
4. Have fun!
1. Do you have a book with deckled edges?
I have a handful, but The Madman’s Daughter, was the first one I found.
2. Do you have a book with 3+ people on the cover?
A Reaper at the Gates, love this cover change. Now if only my first two in the series matched!
3. Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
I absolutely adore this book, My Lady Jane was so cute!
4. Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
First one I found, Six of Crows.
5. Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?
6. Do you have a Mass Market Paperback book?
The Longest Ride, honestly the only one I own!
7. Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
I know she uses both Victoria Schwab and V.E. Schwab, so A Darker Shade of Magic it is.
8. Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title?
I love anything Amy Harmon writes.
9. Do you have a book with 2 maps in it?
The same map on both covers of the book, but hey, it counts!
10. Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
Having to use Sara’s answer because I own a handful that are now movies, but The Mortal Instruments is the only one I know that’s a TV show. Oh how I wish this was an actually good adaptation.
11. Do you have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else? (celebrity/athlete/politician/TV personality…)
Initially got this because I love Amy Poehler, but unfortunately didn’t love it as much as I hoped.
12. Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
I can’t find one with a clock, so another time device will have to work. Evermore has an hourglass!
13. Do you have a poetry book?
My absolute favorite poems from childhood. Reading them as an adult is even more humorous. These were a little more clever than I thought.
14. Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
15. Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
It doesn’t appear that I own one, so I went with my maiden initials: C.C.
16. Do you have a book of short stories?
Anything Bardugo writes ends up on my shelves and The Language of Thorns was no exception.
17. Do you have a book that is between 500-510 pages long?
A solid 502 pages.
18. Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
This movie was so precious. A great adaptation!
19. Do you have a graphic novel?
It doesn’t look like I have any…I own a lot of children’s books so those have a lot of pictures, ha! I read with our babe a lot, but it looks like I need to look into some graphic novels!
20. Do you have a book written by 2 or more authors?
This whole series is stunning. And I can’t wait for their next duo series, Aurora Rising!
There we have it! Have you read any of these?
What graphic novel should I read? I would love your suggestions! Let’s talk in the comments.
Also, since I wasn’t tagged, I’m not tagging anyone! If you end up doing this though, please let me know! Would love to see your answers.