It was another month with 16 books! I couldn’t believe it when I counted at the end. I don’t count during the month at all. That’s not the point. It’s nice to get through so many of the summer books I’ve been interested in though.
Would anyone be interested in a post about how I read so fast? I know some of it is purely some people are faster readers than others (which isn’t a bad thing at all — some people read 20+ books a month and that blows my mind). But, I do have some tips for choosing reading and how it helps you get further during the day.
Anywho, here is what I read this month:
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson –
- The Black Witch (The Black Witch Chronicles #1) by Laurie Forest
- Normal People by Sally Rooney
- Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren
- Dark Shores (Dark Shores #1) by Danielle L. Jensen (RTC – ☆☆☆☆)
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreryrou (RTC – ☆☆☆☆)
- Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly (RTC – ☆☆☆☆☆)
- Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper #1) by Kerri Maniscalco (RTC – ☆☆☆ 1/2)
- The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer #2) by Elizabeth May (RTC – ☆☆☆ 1/2)
- The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom #1) by Danielle L. Jensen (RTC – ☆☆☆☆☆)
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson & The Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan (RTC – ☆☆☆☆☆)
- Age of Swords (The Legends of the First Empire #2) by Michael J. Sullivan (RTC – ☆☆☆☆☆)
- Beartown (Beartown #1) by Fredrik Backman (RTC – ☆☆☆☆☆)
- Beastly Bones (Jackaby #2) by William Ritter (RTC – ☆☆☆☆)
- Air Awakens (Air Awakens #1) by Elise Kova (RTC – ☆☆☆☆)
- The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson & The Olympians #2) by Rick Riordan (RTC – ☆☆☆☆)
Number of 5 stars: Five
Number of 4 stars: Seven
I would call that a good reading month having that many highly rated books! My favorite this month was WITHOUT A DOUBT AND EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT: THE BRIDGE KINGDOM.
My not so favorite this month would be Normal People.