Howdy y’all! Happy Top Ten Tuesday to all.
Okay, I’m not a reader that writes out a lot of quotes or remembers them for that matter. The way I came up with these quotes today was in all honesty, remembering books I enjoyed. The only book quote I religiously remember is the first one from, A Court of Mist and Fury. The following are quotes I looked up from Goodreads that stood out to me from some of my favorite books.
“There are good days and bad days for me — even now. Don’t let the hard days win.”
– A Court of Mist and Fury (ACOTAR #2) by Sarah J. Maas
“If you give up what you want most for what you think you should want more, you’ll end up miserable.”
– The Hero of Ages (Mistborn #3) by Brandon Sanderson
“Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they’re never weakness.”
– Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
“The dark does not destroy the light; it defines it. It’s our fear of the dark that casts our joy into the shadows.”
– The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown (I’m clearly a big fan of hers)
“Don’t think of introversion as something that needs to be cured.”
– Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
“Each scar marks me as a survivor. A warrior of the wild.”
– Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller
“Unknowing ignorance is preferable to informed stupidity.”
– Warbreaker (Warbreaker #1) by Brandon Sanderson
“You don’t have to be fast. But you’d better be fearless.”
– Born to Run by Christopher McDougall
“We turn memories into stories, and if we don’t, we lose them. If the stories are gone, then the people are gone too.”
– What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon
“But maybe it’s better to go after something, and not get it, than to not even try.”
– The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms #4) by Cinda Williams Chima
And this is only a small portion of the quotes I could have chosen. Isn’t it amazing how words from all of these books we read affect us? Going back and doing this was actually really enlightening. Like remembering dear friends who hold wise words.
Do you like any of these quotes? What is one of your favorite though-provoking quotes?